Sometimes, when you’ve sustained an injury in a car accident, pain doesn’t show up immediately. You may think you’re OK, but discomfort can set in hours or even days later. Head pain is one of the most common pains associated with car accidents. Any car accident doctor will tell you that car accident headaches are common, but that doesn’t mean they’re acceptable. Persistent headaches after an accident could indicate that something is seriously wrong. You should never ignore car accident headaches. If you’re dealing with this type of pain, talk to an auto injury doctor
Citywide Injury & Accident Services
Citywide Injury provides the following auto injury chiropractic services to clients.
Car Accident Doctors
Our car accident doctors can check you for minor or major injuries after a car accident. Ideally, you should seek our services within 72 hours of the incident. Even if your pain may seem insignificant, the pain can worsen over time. Minor injuries may become more serious if you don’t treat them promptly. A car injury doctor can help:
- Determine the severity of your injuries.
- Treat various medical conditions.
- Provide you with a customized treatment plan.
- Offer an in-depth examination, complete with X-rays and comprehensive analysis.
- Provide legal advice for filing insurance claims.
- Refer you to a medical specialist when necessary.
- Offer noninvasive and effective treatment options.
- Fill out and maintain documentation regarding your injuries.
- Provide you with documentation to show your employer if you need time off work due to your injury.
We can get you into our office immediately if you need an emergency appointment. We make same-day appointments when the situation warrants it.
It’s hard to know what steps to take after a car accident, but if you take the wrong course of action, you could be in a bad situation. It’s essential to hire an experienced car accident attorney to protect yourself. We frequently make attorney referrals. We can help connect you with an experienced law firm that will handle your case.
Over the years, we’ve worked hard to develop quality relationships with reputable personal injury lawyers. If your car accident injuries are not your fault, an attorney can help you fight for fairness. Your attorney will help make sure you file your insurance claim correctly to cover your medical bills. We’ll match you up with an attorney who will put your mind at ease after a car accident.
In addition to helping clients who become injured in car accidents, we also partner with attorneys. If you represent someone who has injuries from a car accident, we want to work with you. Keep in mind that the sooner your clients see a doctor after their accident, the easier it will be to make a case for them.
When you partner with us, we provide your clients with the treatment they need with help from our in-house chiropractors and network of medical professionals. Even if your client isn’t yet experiencing noticeable symptoms, it’s wise to seek medical attention.
Handling Car Accident Headaches
Car accidents can cause a variety of headaches. You should never ignore headaches and other pain related to the accident since it is often an indicator of a more serious underlying problem. Although the headache may seem like the primary issue, a skilled doctor can uncover its true source and help treat the underlying problem rather than the symptom, which is the headache. Some types of car accident headaches that you may experience include:
- Concussion headaches: A concussion occurs when your brain strikes the walls of your skull due to severe outside forces. This impact leaves a bruise on the brain, which can cause headaches accompanied by light and noise sensitivity, vomiting, dizziness, ringing in the ears, confusion, or memory loss.
- Whiplash headaches: A car accident may give you whiplash as your head jolts forward suddenly. This action stretches the muscles and tissues in your neck painfully, resulting in a headache. Dizziness, fatigue, disturbances in your vision, and trouble sleeping often accompany this headache.
- Fracture headaches: If your skull gets fractured during the accident, you may experience generalized headaches or headaches at the point of injury. These pains often come with nausea, confusion, slurred speech, and a stiff neck.
- Nerve headaches: You have nerves all along your spine, neck, and the back of your scalp. If you suffer from pinched, inflamed, otherwise injured nerves, you may experience a headache with shooting or throbbing pain.
- Cervicogenic headaches: An injury to the ligaments, joints, arteries, and nerves in the upper neck and back of the head often cause this headache. A reduced range of motion often accompanies these headaches.
- Muscle strain headaches: If you strain muscles in your neck, back, or shoulders, this strain can translate to headache pain. You will typically experience pain at the site of the strain as well and may have swelling, tenderness, and a reduced range of motion.
When a car accident headache occurs days or weeks after the incident, it’s a post-traumatic headache. This type of headache is quite common but easily overlooked.
Have you been in a car accident? In that case, it’s essential to monitor your symptoms after the event. Consult a doctor after the accident and at a follow-up appointment if you’re experiencing pain.
Other Injuries We Handle
In addition to headaches, we also help with other injuries associated with car accidents. We can simultaneously address your head pain as well as:
- Knee injuries.
- Back injuries.
- Shoulder injuries.
- Neck trauma.
Remember, symptoms of injuries don’t always occur right after an accident. It’s very common for symptoms to arise days, weeks, or even months afterward.
The Car Accident Doctors You Can Trust
Are you looking for car accident doctors you can trust to put your needs first after a collision? You’ve come to the right place. At CityWide Injury & Accident, we do everything to ensure our clients receive the care they need. In addition to helping you feel better, we’ll also do whatever we can to match you up with a supportive attorney. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.