Car accidents are rising throughout Texas, and Houston is no exception. Overall crashes throughout the state increased by 15.9% between 2020 and 2021. Meanwhile, crashes in Houston went up 14% to a total of 75,336 in 2021. Traffic deaths in Houston increased by 20% between 2020 and 2021, from 275 to 330.
While you can maintain safe driving practices for yourself, you can’t control everyone on the road, a risk you face any time you’re in a vehicle. If you suffer from a personal injury in a motor vehicle accident, you will need to find a car accident lawyer in Houston who can work by your side to help you get a fair settlement. Our team at CityWide Injury & Accident is ready to help.
Why Do You Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Houston?
Navigating the complexities of a car accident case can present many challenges. You must know how to collect evidence, build a case, prove fault, and seek fair compensation. The initial settlements offered by insurance companies are often far below what you’re entitled to receive. Still, the average individual can’t fully anticipate what compensation to pursue and what one should expect.
A skilled car accident lawyer in Houston will walk you through every step of the process in your legal case, which includes:
- Collecting and evaluating police reports, medical records, eyewitness testimonies, and other evidence.
- Reconstructing the crash from the available evidence, including photos, videos, reports, and statements.
- Proving fault in the accident.
- Establishing the costs associated with the accident and organizing medical bills.
- Building a case with a detailed strategy to pursue compensation.
- Communicating with insurance adjusters, lawyers, and others on your behalf.
Negotiating with lien holders like insurers that have a lien on your claim.
Representing you in a court of law, presenting evidence, and negotiating on your behalf.
Handling these tasks by yourself would be challenging in the best of situations. In the aftermath of a car accident, when you’re already suffering from pain and trauma, it’s more complicated than ever to undertake the complexities of coordinating and carrying out a lawsuit or negotiating fair settlements. Dealing with a personal injury is overwhelming enough on its own. Don’t compound your difficulties by trying to get a fair insurance settlement alone. A dedicated car accident lawyer is an invaluable resource for your case.
Find out what our Houston, TX clients have to say about our car accident doctors
Dr. Danna and the staff at Danna Chiropractic Clinic were able to create an individualized treatment and recovery plan that helped me return to normal after my car accident. They were very informative and patient with all of my questions and really listened to what was going on with me!
We work with CityWide Accident and Injury on a daily basis. They care about those they work with and reduce the work load on myself and my staff. They follow up with referrals I send out and their software they provide is easy to learn and use. I would highly recommend working with them.
Services that we offer in the Houston, TX Area
Ignoring even a minor injury after a motor vehicle accident can make that injury become major. Instead of letting it go or seeing if it gets worse, it is important to seek out car accident doctors in Houston that are used to treating these types of injuries. When you turn to Citywide, you get people who can help you find an attorney or even work with your attorney to get what you need in time for your court date.
What to Do After a Car Accident
You should contact a car accident lawyer immediately after the incident. Once you’ve dealt with your immediate medical needs and contacted the police, make sure your next call is to an attorney. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on car accidents, which means that you can’t bring a suit for personal injury in a car crash if you wait more than two years from the date of the incident.
Gather evidence at the time of the crash. Collect names and contact information from witnesses, and always get the name and insurance information of everyone else involved in the crash.
Taking photos immediately at the crash scene can provide valuable details on what happened. Your attorney can use these photos to prove fault and recreate the events of the accident. If your injuries permit, take pictures of the following:
- The accident site.
- Both drivers’ perspectives from the site of their vehicles.
- Crash debris.
- Skid marks.
- Traffic signals and signs.
- Weather conditions.
- Environmental elements, such as fallen branches or flooded roads.
- Injuries on yourself and others involved in the accident, if they give consent.
- Property damage from the accident.
Exploring Lawyers in Houston: How to Find the Right One
You can choose from among many lawyers in Houston. It’s essential to take the time to find the right fit for your case. Asking the right questions can help you narrow down your options. Consider the following:
- What is the lawyer’s experience? Make sure you choose a lawyer that’s worked specifically with car accident victims.
- Does the lawyer have referrals? We can help you connect with a skilled car accident lawyer in Houston with a solid history of successfully representing clients.
- Is the lawyer familiar with car accident injuries? The injuries caused by car accidents are distinctive. Some are subtle and may go overlooked if you and your lawyer don’t know what to look for with injuries. That’s why many lawyers work with us to get detailed information and specialized exams focused on the injuries common to car accidents.
If you’ve been in an accident in Houston, we can help you find a lawyer, document your injuries, and get on the path toward receiving the compensation you need. Make your appointment now.
Frequently Asked Questions about car accident doctors in Houston
Many people who come in and talk with us here at Citywide Injury & Accident have similar questions. Here are some of the questions we get asked regularly, along with their answers. We hope that they help you trust that when you turn to our car accident doctors in Houston, you get advice from professionals who truly want to help.
- Do I need to see car accident doctors in Houston if I don’t feel any pain after the accident?
Here at Citywide Injury & Accident, we recommend that you always get looked at after a car accident, unless there was no damage and you have no pain at all. However, it’s still best to have one of our car accident doctors in Houston take a look. Injuries do not always show up immediately. They can be slow and still be dangerous. We always suggest getting checked as it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Can Citywide recommend a personal injury attorney in Houston?
We have partnered with many different personal injury attorneys in Houston. We would gladly recommend one or two of them to you. Due to our longstanding relationships with these Houston attorneys, we can often recommend one who has experience in the same type of injury you have so you know that if you need to go to court, they know how to keep the front and center your right.